1. Optimised opening system for the quick opening of crossbars, either from the left or right
2. Double stop system for large unsupported lengths
3. High holding force of the crossbars
4. 1400 e-chain® snap-open along inner radius
5. Series 1500 e-chain® snap-open along outer
radius on both sides
6. Series 1450 half e-tube snap-open along inner
radius on both sides
7. Enclosed e-tube Series 1480
snap-open along inner radius
8. Tested and proven mounting bracket
9. Versatile modular interior separation system
10. Easy assembly due to optimised pins
11. Strain relief can be integrated in mounting bracket
12. Also available as ESD version
Please note: Before using this series on long travels, please consult igus®. We recommend an e-chain® that is openable in the outer radius for long travels. Example: Series 1500
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 25 mm (with 0,5 kg/m fill weight), this should be taken into account for all application types.Please contact us if you have particularly narrow space conditions.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
Pitch: 33.3 mmlinks per m: 30chain length = S/2 + KA = moving endB = fixed end
Unsupported length versus fill weightX axis: Unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: Fill weight in kg/mLower scale: Travel S in mFLB = Unsupported with permissible sagFLG = Unsupported with straight upper run
Reference example A:
Fill weight = 1,5 [kg/m]
Unsupported length FLB = 1,3 m
Travel = 2,6 m
from 10 m to max. 75 mChain length= S/2+K2Long travels - gliding (up to max. 75 m) Here, the e-chain® upper runs gliding on the lower run in a guide trough. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 4 and 10 m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®.
A1 = Moving endA2 = Fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough with glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
Other installation types
Option 1: Standard
Option 1: Standard Separators can be placed anywhere in the chain's cross-section to divide the interior of the e-chain® - As standard, separators are fitted every 2nd chain link!
Slotted separator 14501
Vertical separation in e-tubes. Due to its slots, it allows basic vertical/horizontal interior separations.
21.1.Z Strain relief separator
Can be integrated in the mounting bracket and can be placed in any position.
Simultaneous strain relief and interior separation
of the e-chains®.
Full-width shelf 110.X
Recommended if many thin cables with similar
diameters are used. For comprehensive
separation. Full-width shelves can be arranged in steps of 5,75 mm on 3 levels.
Polymer - pivoting
Polymer - locking
Polymer, pivoting, two-piece
Steel - locking
Data protection declaration